Phase II – Diet
In order for the HCG diet to be successful, you must only consume food and drink from the list of allowed ingredients.
For breakfast, you can choose from one of the following beverages:
- Chamomile tea
- Green tea
- Black coffee
- Yerba Mate tea
- Wu Long tea
You are allowed to drink as much as you like and sweeten the beverage to taste, but only use pure Stevia sweetener.
For lunch, you are allowed 100 grams of grilled meat:
- Chicken breast
- Shellfish—crab, shrimp, prawns, lobster.
- Fresh white fish
- Beef—only choose a lean cut such as round roast or London broil and only have beef a maximum of three times in one week
In cases where meat is not tolerated, eggs can be substituted (boiled, poached or raw), but for every whole egg, three egg whites should be added
A large portion of one of the vegetables from the following list is allowed with the meat. Vegetables can be steamed, boiled, grilled, or eaten raw.
- Red radishes
- Beet greens
- White, yellow or red onions
For pudding, choose a piece of fruit from the following list:
- 1 orange
- 1 apple
- 1 handful of strawberries
- ½ grapefruit
One melba toast or grissini breadstick is allowed with the meal.
Take your pick from the ingredients on the lunch list
Water should be your beverage of choice while following the HCG diet, but you can also drink black coffee and tea. Just make sure you are drinking at least 6-8 glasses of spring or mineral water per day.
In order to spice up your meat and vegetables, you are free to add salt, pepper, garlic, mustard powder, parsley, marjoram, thyme, vinegar, and any other herbs and spices you like. The only thing to remember is to look out for added sugar and artificial sweeteners, plus any other banned ingredients.
Other miscellaneous information:
- The breadstick and fruit may be eaten between meals rather than with the meal if preferred
- Cosmetics should be avoided, with the exception of lipstick, eyebrow pencil, and face powder
- Over the counter medicines should not be taken, but prescription medication should not be discontinued unless your doctor advises it
- Skin creams and lotions are not safe to use if they contain oil or fats as part of their ingredients
- Massages are not allowed during phase II of the HCG diet
Optional extras during Phase II of the HCG diet
- 1 hour walking per day
- 20 minutes in a sauna
- Spend 20 minutes in the sun every day